Filter and Variable Control Configuration in Tabx
What are Filter and Variable Controls?
Dashboards are often made of multiple Chart and Table cards, looking at survey data cross-broken by different variables. Filter and Variable controls allow a user to control the applied Filters and selected Variables of multiple Chart and Table cards at once.
Filter Controls can be of several types:
- Select Box (Drop Down)
- Checkbox List (Select many Answer Categories at once)
- Radio List (Select only one Answer Category, but display as a list)
- Slider (Best used for "Wave" or time-based variables, but will work with any).
Variable Controls can be either:
- Variable Select Box (Drop Down)
- Variable Image List. To access the image upload section, first save this Control Type.
Restrictions on Filter Controls
Filter Controls can only be added to a Dashboard when the Project contains at least one Variable marked as a Filter. For Project Management click here.
To open the settings dialogue for a control, click the Settings button on the Control you wish to edit, at the top right of the Control Card.
Control configuration allows you to:
- Edit the Control Name.
- Show / Hide the Control Name on the Dashboard.
- Choose the Text Alignment for the Control on the Dashboard.
- Choose a Font Colour for the Control on the Dashboard. The colour can be configured to match your or your clients branding.
- Choose a Background Colour for the Control on the Dashboard. The colour can be configured to match your or your clients branding. Hint: Enter "rgba(0,0,0,0)" as the background colour if you want a transparent background!
- Choose a horizontal or vertical Control Orientation for the Control on the Dashboard.
- Choose a Control Type (listed above).
- Filter Controls Only - Select the Filter Variable
- Variable Controls Only
- Select the Control Group
- Upload Images for use when the Control Type is Image List. Images must be no larger than 200 X 200 pixels.
Saving the Control configuration
To apply the chosen Control settings, click the Save button at the top right of the Control Settings window.
Removing Controls from a Dashboard
To remove a Control from a Dashboard:
- Click the Settings button on the Control you wish to remove.
- Browse to the Options tab
- Click the Remove Control button.